Monday, November 27, 2006

Good News!

I just got off the phone with Aaron and we have come up with a possible solution to our lacking a band problem. We are going to try and reform Enshrined by picking up some of our old members. The line up we are discussing involves Aaron on rhythm/lead guitar, Justin on drums, Chris on rhythm/lead guitar, and myself on keyboards. With this set up we will only be lacking a bassist. All of our other parts will be covered. We do have a few ideas for a bassist and we are hoping to get someone within the next couple of weeks.

Our plan is to use two or three of the old Enshrined songs and write the rest of the material from scratch. Aaron is in the process of discussing this quasi-reunion with the other guys. I am keeping my eyes peeled for a bassist. Essentially this would be the third re-vamped version of Enshrined, minus the two weakest members of the old band line up. I think that if this all goes through we will probably start gigging and recording demos sooner than I initially expected.

We are not entirely sure if we will go under the name Enshrined or not. Personally I would rather go by that name than the one Aaron currently has picked out for us which is The Light's Demise. I think it would be in our best interest to come up with a completely new name since the style of the music is different than what we were making in Enshrined. We will ultimately decide this as soon as we complete the line up.

It is all up in the air at this point. I am hoping that the reformation of Enshrined will be completed by the end of this week so that we can start rehearsing and writing new material. I will continue to post with each update I get. These are some very exciting and uncertain times for me and my musical career. I hope that it will all work out for the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home