Monday, December 18, 2006

All Sorts of Good News!!!!!

I got engaged this weekend! I proposed to Sasha at her work on Saturday night and she said YES!!!!!! We are both very happy and very much in love. Both of our families know about the engagement and are also happy for us. It got it as sort of an early Christmas gift though I have wanted to propose to her for a couple of months now. I am very excited to spend the rest of my life with her. She is the love of my life. We plan on getting married sometime in early 2008 after she finishes college and are both settled in our respective careers. I never thought that this would ever happen to me. It is the greatest feeling in the world.

I jammed with TJ on Friday and it went very well. He is exactly what I am looking for in a guitarist. He has keen sensitivity for rhythm, time, melody, and style. We jammed for about an hour and it seemed to click. I gave him the tabs to some of my songs and taught him a few of the riffs. We also wrote three new riffs in our free form jam session. He and I read each other quite well and it seems that we both have the same musical vision. We will start rehearsing twice a week as soon as the new year rolls around. In the next couple of weeks he is going to learn the songs I already have written, and we are both going to write some more riffs. Then when we start rehearsing we will arrange our riffs and ideas into songs. In the mean time we will be actively searching for a bassist and vocalist as well as deciding on a band name. Right now we have two names in mind and they are "Gallows End" and "Demon's Gate." Hopefully we can decide upon a name in the next week or so. I plan on staying in touch with TJ through e-mail while I am in Racine Wisconsin visiting my fiance's family. I am leaving tomorrow morning and I won't be returning until December 29 or 30.

The semester is now officially done for me and I can look forward to a month's worth of vacation in which I can spend more time with Sasha, focus on writing music, and finish constructing the band. All of my finals went very well and I expect to receive all A's in my course work, though I may end up with a B+ in Woodwind Methods. I will not know what my grades are until early January. Until then, I am going to kick back and enjoy some well deserved vacation time without worrying about scholastic issues. I will continue posting updates with each new development that happens with the band.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND A GREAT NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!

5 Comments:

Blogger Thomas said...

High-five!!

Monday, December 18, 2006 2:47:00 PM  
Blogger Child of Darkness said...

Thanks man.

Monday, December 18, 2006 2:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Susan M said...

Awesome news! Congratulations!

Monday, December 18, 2006 3:59:00 PM  
Blogger Child of Darkness said...

Thank you.

Monday, December 18, 2006 6:57:00 PM  
Blogger hazzy said...

Hey, what's up? Congrats on your engagement! I'll miss Music and the Web. It was a great class! Let me know if you ever want to make a demo.
We charge $20 an hour. Everything on my blog is stuff I've recorded over the years in our studio.
Good luck!
Mark
310-1142c
398-2821h
Mghazzy@hotmail.com

Monday, January 08, 2007 3:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home